Walk into Malls and Stores and you are instantly attracted to the colors, the display, and the arrangement. Everything around you is screaming for attention and we end up spending more than we planned to. In addition, it is common to see that you pick up clothes that you wear immediately or in that season. The problems with that are two-fold.
- You end up spending up much more as the clothes you are picking are created for the season and hence you will rarely find discounts.
- Your clothes will not seem different as everyone around you will be picking up from the same range.
Shopping consciously will allow you to think about your purchases and only pick those that you know you will use. Slight changes in your patterns of shopping will allow you to save tons of money. While a small percentage may not make a difference, many such shopping trips will work out to a substantial number eventually.
Why you should shop Off-season:
- We do not realize how much clutter we accumulate over a period and as a rule, you should go through your collection before you shop to giveaway or dispose of the clothes you have not used in a while.
- Stores do not want excessive stock and typically, when the clothes come in for the new season, the off-season clothes are put out on a heavy discount. This is the best time to pick up the stuff that you have thought of buying but have never done because of the prices. Buy them and put them away until it is time to use.
- Some of the best deals are found online. All you need to do if know what you want and look for the same in the online stores. There are quite a few sites now that provide discount codes or coupons which can be used at the end of the purchase where a further amount will be deducted from your bill. For instance, Very.co.uk discount codes are quite popular and they are one of the most reliable sources for promotional or discount codes.